Seamless synergy leads to deeper traveler engagement
- Video: Best Western: Understanding what matters most with Medallia
- Press Release: TripAdvisor, Best Western sees 76% more reviews with TripAdvisor and Medallia partnership
- Case Study: How Best Western uses feedback signals to make operational changes that power guest loyalty:
- Press Release: HospitalityTech, Driving Loyalty with Listening: How Best Western’s Tech Investments are Redefining Customer Engagement
“Medallia enables us to hold hotels accountable and help them manage their online presence directly.”
VP Member Services Best Western
The partnership: Seamless synergy for hoteliers
Maybe you’ve heard the popular expression, “Work smarter, not harder.” Wise words, especially for Best Western and other busy hoteliers who value increased efficiency.
Medallia Promote for TripAdvisor focuses on integrating the TripAdvisor review form into the guest satisfaction surveys Medallia sends to recent hotel guests. As Director of Review Services at TripAdvisor, Minesh Shah, explains, “Best Western guests can easily submit a new review while they’re already engaging with the brand by taking the survey. It’s seamless for travelers – and hoteliers can collect these additional reviews without any extra effort.”
The results: Increased reviews and ratings
- 76% more reviews for Best Western: The Best Western properties collecting TripAdvisor reviews through the Medallia survey receive 76% more reviews via the partnership.
- Average rating up from 3.98 to 4.28: The average rating for reviews collected via this partnership was 4.28 out of 5.0, compared to just 3.98 for reviews collected in other ways.
Why? Shah thinks a contributing factor is how invested the reviewer is. “With the Medallia guest satisfaction survey, you’re soliciting reviews from guests who might not have written a TripAdvisor review otherwise. Someone who is willing both to complete a survey and write a review likely is highly engaged.”
Source: TripAdvisor, Best Western sees 76% more reviews with TripAdvisor and Medallia partnership