Sephora “Survey-to-Win” Sweepstakes Official Rules
Sephora “Survey-to-Win” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THESE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO RECEIVE A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT AFFECT OR IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. These sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) are subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
1. Sponsor and Administrator: These Sweepstakes are sponsored by Sephora USA, Inc., 525 Market Street, 32 Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105 (sephora.com) (“Sephora” or the “Sponsor”), and administered by Medallia, Inc., 450 Concar Drive, San Mateo, CA 94402 (“Medallia”) and US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Company, 625 Panorama Trail, Rochester, NY 14625, each a “Sweepstakes Administrator”.
2. Weekly Sweepstakes Period: These Sweepstakes consists of separate weekly sweepstakes (each, a “Weekly Sweepstakes”, collectively, “these Sweepstakes”), with the first Weekly Sweepstakes starting on January 1, 2019 and the last Weekly Sweepstakes starting on December 26, 2019. Each Weekly Sweepstakes will begin at 12:00:01 a.m. PT on the Thursday of each week and will end at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on the following Wednesday (except for the first Weekly Sweepstakes, which will start on 12:00:01 a.m. PT on Wednesday, January 1, 2019 and the last Weekly Sweepstakes, which will end on 11:59:59 p.m. PT on Tuesday, December 31, 2019 (each a “Weekly Sweepstakes Period”). All entries for a Weekly Sweepstakes must be received by the end of the applicable Weekly Sweepstakes Period for that Weekly Sweepstakes.
3. Eligibility: These Sweepstakes are open only to legal residents of the United States (including Puerto Rico, but excluding Guam and all other U.S. and foreign territories and possessions not otherwise mentioned herein) who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. If entrant is a minor in his or her state or territory of legal residence, the minor must obtain his or her parent’s or legal guardian’s consent before participation, and any and all statements below regarding an entrant’s or winner’s agreement to, acceptance or acknowledgment of, these legal terms and conditions mean the agreement, acceptance or acknowledgment of the entrant’s or winner’s parent or legal guardian. These Sweepstakes are not open to employees, independent contractors, officers, directors, agents or representatives of the Sponsor, the Sweepstakes Administrators or any of their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and/or assigns, or of Sponsor’s advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors (all such persons and entities including Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Administrators are referred to collectively as the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and the immediate family members (mother, father, brother, sister, daughter, son or spouse, regardless of where they live) and persons living in the same household (whether or not related) of any of the foregoing.
4. To Enter: You may enter a Weekly Sweepstakes in the following two (2) ways (described in more detail below): (a) by completing an online survey, OR (b) by entering online without completing a survey. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person for each Weekly Sweepstakes regardless of method of entry; use of multiple email addresses prohibited. All entries, regardless of method, carry an equal chance of winning. (a) Online Survey Entries – During a Weekly Sweepstakes Period, you may visit the webpage located at http://survey.medallia.com/sephora/usa and complete the online survey. Upon completion of the survey you will be given the option to enter the Weekly Sweepstakes by completing an online entry form. To complete the online entry form, provide all required information (your full name, address, daytime telephone number, and a valid e-mail address), and submit your entry according to the directions on the screen. By completing and submitting the form as described, you will receive (1) entry into the Weekly Sweepstakes that corresponds to the Weekly Sweepstakes Period in which your entry was received (see Paragraph 2 above). (b) Online Entry (Without Survey) – During a Weekly Sweepstakes Period, you may also enter online without completing a survey by visiting the webpage located at http://survey.medallia.com/sephorasws?unit=111. Complete your online entry form by providing all required information (your full name, address, daytime telephone number, and a valid e-mail address) and submit your entry according to the directions on the screen. By completing and submitting the form as described, you will receive (1) entry into the Weekly Sweepstakes that corresponds to the Weekly Sweepstakes Period in which your entry was received (see Paragraph 2 above). For all online entries (survey and non-survey): Entries must be received by Medallia by the end of the applicable Weekly Sweepstakes Period in order to be entered into the applicable Weekly Sweepstakes (see Paragraph 2). Timing of entry receipt will be determined by Medallia’s time clock. Each entry is only eligible for the one Weekly Sweepstakes corresponding to the Weekly Sweepstakes Period in which the entry was received and will not be entered into subsequent Weekly Sweepstakes, if any. No hand or e-mail deliveries of entries will be accepted. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for late, lost, delayed, stolen, incomplete, falsified, void, corrupted, garbled, misdirected, or otherwise unintelligible entries or for any problems, bugs or malfunctions you may encounter when submitting your entry. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or otherwise illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to disqualify incomplete entries. Only one (1) entrant’s name may appear on an entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail in question. Online entries must be made by the original, manual keystrokes of the individual entrant. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, or other automated means will be subject to disqualification. Proof of sending an entry is not proof of receipt by Sweepstakes Entities. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. Selection of Winners: Each eligible entry received during a Weekly Sweepstakes Period will be entered into a random drawing for the prize available for that Weekly Sweepstakes (see Paragraphs 2 and 6). The random drawings for each Weekly Sweepstakes will be conducted on a monthly basis at a Sweepstakes Administrator’s office on the 15th day of the month (or if that day falls on a weekend or holiday, the next following business day) in the month following the end of the applicable Weekly Sweepstakes Period (each, a “Drawing Date”). For example, the Drawing Date for all Weekly Sweepstakes Periods that end in the month of March 2019 will be held on April 15, 2019. On each of the Drawing Dates, one (1) entrant from each Weekly Sweepstakes will be selected at random by a representative of a Sweepstakes Administrator from all eligible entries received during the applicable Weekly Sweepstakes Period. Attempts may be made to contact selected entrants by phone and/or e-mail. All selected entrants may be required to respond (as directed) to the phone and/or e-mail notification within five (5) business days of the first attempt made to contact him/her. Before being confirmed as a prize winner, selected entrant may be required to (a) execute and return a liability / publicity release (“Release”) within the time specified therein confirming compliance with the Official Rules, accepting the prize as awarded, releasing the Sweepstakes Entities from any liability in connection with these Sweepstakes and, except where prohibited by law, allowing Sponsor to use his/her name, city and state of residence, portrait, image, picture, voice, likeness and comments as set out in Paragraph 8. If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be reached within the time prescribed; (ii) fails to complete and return Release (if required) within the time specified; (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason (including if the prize or prize notification is returned as nondeliverable); or (iv) is otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, he/she will be disqualified, he/she will not receive any prize and an alternate entrant will be randomly selected in accordance with the Official Rules from among the remaining eligible entries received from that Weekly Sweepstakes during the applicable Weekly Sweepstakes Period until such time as a winner is confirmed for that prize. Winning a prior Weekly Sweepstakes does not affect the eligibility of an entrant for any future Weekly Sweepstakes (if any). The odds of winning a prize for a given Weekly Sweepstakes depend upon the total number of eligible entries received for that Weekly Sweepstakes during the applicable Weekly Sweepstakes
6. Prizes: For each Weekly Sweepstakes, one (1) winner will be awarded a prize with an approximate prize value of $250. The prize is a $250 Sephora gift card. The prize is non-refundable and non-transferable, cannot be combined with any other special offer or promotion and must be accepted as awarded. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for replacing a Sephora gift card prize if lost, stolen, mutilated or is otherwise rendered unusable due to any act or omission of prize winner or other third party. Redemption of gift card prize is subject to the terms and conditions thereof. Prize may not be exchanged for cash value or substituted, except that Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute with either the cash value of the prize, or a prize or prizes of equal or greater value. Applicable federal, state or local taxes and any other costs or expenses associated with the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. There will be no other prizes. All prizes will be awarded. Prizes will be delivered to confirmed winners to a valid U.S. address within 3 weeks of a winner’s confirmation (see Paragraph 5).
7. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By participating, each entrant (or, if entrant is a minor, entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agrees to comply with these official rules and agrees that Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in these Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of entries in these Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of, the web site or any technical failure or malfunction, or any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or property.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR, ANY OTHER SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THESE SWEEPSTAKES, ANY PRIZES WON, ENTRANT’S ACCESS TO OR USE OF SPONSOR’S OR A SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR’S WEB SITES OR THE THIRD-PARTY APPLICATION, OR THE ACCESSING, DOWNLOADING AND/OR PRINTING OF ANY MATERIAL AVAILABLE ON SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON SPONSOR’S AND EACH SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR’S WEB SITES IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY.
8. By accepting a prize in these Sweepstakes, each winner (or, if winner is a minor, winner’s parent or legal guardian) grants to Sponsor, where permitted by law, the right to use and publish (worldwide and via the Internet) the winner’s name, city and state of residence, portrait, image, picture, voice, likeness and comments for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without notification, review or approval, and without additional consideration.
BY ACCEPTING A PRIZE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE WINNER AGREES NOT TO SUE OR BRING ANY LAWSUIT OR MAKE ANY CLAIM UNDER ANY THEORY WHATSOEVER AGAINST THE SPONSOR OR THE OTHER SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN THESE SWEEPSTAKES, THE WINNER’S SUBMISSION OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY. IN ADDITION, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE WINNER AGREES TO WAIVE, RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ALL OTHER SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, CAUSES OF ACTION AND LIABILITY OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, FOR ANY MATTER, CAUSE OR THING, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOSS, INJURY OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR PROPERTY, OR OTHER HARM OR LOSS OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, COMPENSATORY, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, CAUSED OR CONTRIBUTED IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, WHILE PREPARING FOR OR PARTICIPATING IN OR OTHERWISE ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN THESE SWEEPSTAKES, THE WINNER’S SUBMISSION OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY.
9. If, for any reason, these Sweepstakes are not capable of running as planned because of circumstances including, but not limited to, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, which, in Sponsor’s sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of these Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion and determination of fairness, and as permitted by applicable law, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend these Sweepstakes and, if possible, to select the winners from entries received prior to such event or interruption. Sponsor may disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or operation of these Sweepstakes or who violates these official rules.
10. By entering a Weekly Sweepstakes, each entrant (or, if entrant is a minor, entrant’s parent or legal guardian) acknowledges he/she has read, understands and will abide by these official rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and/or Sponsor in connection with these Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without regard to the conflict of laws principles. In the event of any inconsistency between the full version of these official rules and any abbreviated rules, the one most beneficial for entrants shall prevail.
11. For a copy of these Official Rules, you may visit www.medallia.com/sweepstakes/sephora or send your request in a self-addressed stamped envelope to : “Sephora Survey-For-A-Chance-To-Win – Official Rules Request”, P.O. Box 25466 Rochester, NY 14625. Request must be received within 30 days of the end of these Sweepstakes.
12. For the name of a winner of a Weekly Sweepstakes, send a self-addressed stamped envelope with your request, indicating the requested Weekly Sweepstakes Period(s) to: “Sephora Survey-For-A-Chance-To-Win – Winner’s List”, P.O. Box 25466 Rochester, NY 14625. The request must be received within two years of the end of the requested Weekly Sweepstakes Period. A list of the prize winners is also available at www.medallia.com/sweepstakes/sephora-winners. The winners’ names are posted within 90 days following awarding the prize and will remain posted for at least 30 days thereafter.