HORNBACHERS® “SURVEY SWEEPSTAKES” OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL MAKING A PURCHASE INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The Hornbachers® “Survey Sweepstakes” (the “Promotion” or “Sweepstakes”) begins February 9, 2014 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). There will be a series of four (4) distinct and separate sweepstakes each lasting one week (the “Weekly Sweepstakes”). The initial Weekly Sweepstakes begins on Sunday, February 9, 2014 at 12:00:01 a.m. ET and ends on Saturday, February 15, 2014 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. Subsequent Weekly Sweepstakes will follow each Sunday beginning at 12:00:01 a.m. ET and end one week later on Saturday at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Weekly Drawing Period”). The final Weekly Sweepstakes will be held from March 2, 2014 until March 8, 2014. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void outside of the United States and/or wherever else prohibited or restricted by law. Immediately upon submission, all entries become the property of Sponsor and will neither be acknowledged nor returned other than as herein described. By entering, each participant (the “Participant”) acknowledges acceptance of and compliance with these official rules (the “Official Rules”).
1. ELIGIBILITY. Promotion is open to legal residents of the states of: Minnesota or North Dakota who are 18 years of age (or the age of majority in entrant’s respective jurisdiction, whichever is greater) or older at time of entry. Any entrants found to be under the age of majority in their state of residence shall be disqualified. During the Promotion Period employees of Hornbachers, Inc., (the “Sponsor”) and its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies, as well as household members of each, including but not limited to immediate family members such as spouse, parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses or any other persons, related or not who share the same address of such employee, are not eligible to participate.
2. HOW TO ENTER: There are three ways to enter: 1) During the Promotion Period, the Sponsor may invite consumers who make a purchase in one of its participating retail locations to participate in a confidential online customer survey. Upon completion of the survey, Participants will be invited to enter their personal contact information (Name, Mailing address, Telephone number, email – Incomplete entries are not eligible) and will receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry. Answers to the survey will have no effect on a Participant’s ability to participate in and win a prize in the Sweepstakes. 2) During the Promotion Period, the Sponsor may invite consumers who visit but do not make a purchase in one of its participating retail locations to participate in a confidential online customer satisfaction survey. Upon completion of the survey, Participants will be invited to enter their personal contact information and will receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry. Answers to the survey will have no effect on a Participant’s ability to participate in and win a prize in the Sweepstakes. 3) To enter without completing a survey, hand-print your complete name, complete address (no P.O. Boxes) , city, state, zip code, telephone number and e-mail address (if you have one) on a 3″ x 5″ card and mail it in a number ten (#10) envelope to: Hornbachers “Survey Sweepstakes”, 625 Panorama Trail, Suite 2100, Rochester, NY 14625-2437. Mailed entries will be entered into the Weekly Drawing Period, based on the date the entry is received. Limit one entry per envelope. Neither the Sponsor nor the Sponsor’s Affiliates are responsible for lost, late, damaged, delayed, destroyed, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, mutilated entries or postage due mail. Photocopies, mechanically reproduced, forged or altered mailed entries and facsimiles are void. Incomplete or illegible entries are not eligible. Entries received in envelopes larger than a number ten (#10) envelope will be automatically disqualified. To be entered into a particular Weekly Sweepstakes, mail-in entries must be postmarked by the Saturday of that Weekly Drawing Period and received by the first Friday following the close of that Weekly Drawing Period.
Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes. For purposes of this sweepstakes, “receipt” of an Internet entry occurs when Sponsor’s services record the entry information resulting from the participant clicking the “Finish” button. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered at time of entry, but only if that person meets all other eligibility criteria.
All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged nor returned. Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winners only. One entry per person regardless of method of entry per Weekly Sweepstakes.
3. RANDOM DRAWING: A separate drawing will be held for each Weekly Sweepstakes. One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing for each Weekly Sweepstakes from among all eligible entries received for that Weekly Drawing Period only. The drawings will take place on or about the Monday following the last day for entries to be received for each Weekly Drawing Period, with the first drawing taking place on or about Monday, February 24, 2014, and the last drawing taking place on or about Monday, March 17, 2014. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received in that Weekly Drawing Period. Entries from one Weekly Drawing Period will not be carried over to subsequent sweepstakes. All drawings will be conducted by the Independent Sweepstakes Administrator (the “ISA”), whose decisions are final on all matters relating to these sweepstakes.
4. PRIZES: Each week, one (1) prize, consisting of a $100 Hornbachers Gift Card. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of each weekly prize is $100. Total ARV of all prizes for each Weekly Sweepstakes is $100. A total of four (4) Weekly Prizes will be awarded over the course of the four (4) Weekly Drawing Periods. Total ARV of all prizes being offered over the course of the four Weekly Sweepstakes is $400. Prizes consist solely of those items specifically listed, may not be transferred or redeemed for cash are subject to all terms and conditions of use as established by issuer. No substitutions are allowed except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Upon their presentation or delivery to winners, gift cards become the sole property and responsibility of the recipients and will not be replaced by the Sponsor if lost or stolen.
All taxes, if applicable, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prize, not specified herein, are the sole responsibility of the winner. All prizes will be awarded.
5. PRIZE CONDITIONS: No transfer or substitution of any prize is allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Winners must comply with all Sweepstakes rules as published. Prizes will be sent to the potential winners at the address provided at time of entry within six to eight weeks of the drawing dates. Potential winners may be asked to complete and sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release, within seven (7) days of date on prize notification or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Return of prize notification as undeliverable; and/or failure to provide any other required documentation in a timely manner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Non-winning Participants will not be notified. Winning a prize is contingent on fulfilling all the requirements set forth herein. Winners are responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes, if applicable. Winner’s entry and acceptance of any prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) for the Sponsor to use said winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without notice or further compensation.
6. SWEEPSTAKES TERMS & CONDITIONS: Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. By participating, Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the ISA and waive any right to claim ambiguity in regard to the mechanics of the Sweepstakes or the interpretation of these Official Rules. Winners and Participants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents, from and against any claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize offered, or participation in this Sweepstakes. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the mechanics or logistics of this sweepstakes will be declared ineligible and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with, or utilized in, this Sweepstakes, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing and/or transmissions in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer related to, or resulting from, participating in or downloading of materials in this contest. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Internet portion of the Sweepstakes, and select winners from all entries received up to the time of termination. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the mechanics or logistics of this Sweepstakes will be declared ineligible and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. This sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Minnesota, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that any and all disputes and causes of action against Sponsor arising out of or in connection with this sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually (without resort to any form of class action). Such dispute shall be resolved by mediation and binding arbitration. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including attorneys’ fees, and Participants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
7. Rules Request: To receive a copy of the Official Rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope, by March 17, 2014, to: Hornbachers “Survey Sweepstakes” Rules Request, P.O. Box 25466, Rochester, NY 14625-0466.
8. WINNERS LIST: To receive written confirmation of the winners, mail a self addressed stamped envelope to Hornbachers “Survey Sweepstakes” Sweepstakes Winners List Request, P.O. Box 25466, Rochester, NY 14625-0466. Requests must be received by April 14, 2014.
9. SPONSOR: Hornbachers, Inc., 11840 Valley View Road, Eden Prairie, Minnesota 55344
10. INDEPENDENT SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR: The Independent Sweepstakes Agency overseeing the fair conduct, administration, winner selection and verification of this promotion is US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Company, 625 Panorama Trail, Suite 2100, Rochester, NY 14625. Sponsor may substitute another independent sweepstakes administrator if, in Sponsor’s reasonable judgment, it is advantageous to Sponsor or to the administration of the Sweepstakes to do so.
Void outside of Minnesota and North Dakota and where restricted or prohibited by law.
© 2013 SUPERVALU INC. All rights reserved.