September 11, 2023
Medallia Releases Global Impact Report
PLEASANTON, Calif. – September 12, 2023– Medallia, Inc., the global leader in customer and employee experience, today released its third annual Global Impact Report, highlighting progress related to social impact, environmental strategy, and governance standards.
“We are in the business of helping companies build personal connections with their customers and employees,” said Joe Tyrrell, CEO, Medallia. “I believe with the depth of our data, artificial intelligence-powered technology, and our people’s domain expertise, we can continue to lead the pace of innovation and deliver on this promise at an even greater scale. But I want to ensure we are also building deeper connections with our own people and our communities along the way. I am excited at the progress Medallia has made and know we can and will do more.”
The Global Impact Report seeks to identify and understand the environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors that impact the organization and conversely how Medallia shapes and impacts the environment and society.
Key performance highlights include:
- Medallia donated over $1.1M to support 50+ nonprofits globally, increasing employee volunteerism by 60% and fundraising by 111% since September 2021.
- To support Employee Resource Groups, Medallia provides an annual budget for education, philanthropy, and community-building, as well as a robust executive sponsorship program tied to executive bonus plans.
- In 2023, Medallia measured the company’s global carbon footprint for the first time to identify reduction opportunities and track progress annually.
- Medallia has achieved the Fair Pay Workplace Certification, which showcases that the organization has followed the trusted and transparent rules and standards defined by the Fair Pay Workplace.
- Medallia has exceeded their supplier diversity goals by achieving 18.4% of addressable spend with certified diverse suppliers in FY2023.
- Medallia supports employees through parenthood, including financial support for fertility, adoption, surrogacy, and egg freezing, as well as 24 weeks paid leave for birthing parents and 12 weeks for non-birthing parents.
“To successfully deliver against our purpose as a business that can and should be a force for
good, we must remain focused on innovation, hard work, and serving others,” said Lauren Jackman, SVP, Global Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging, Medallia. “It also means leading with our values in our products and solutions, and in how we treat people and the planet we share. To this end, we at Medallia are dedicated to leaving the world better than we found it, and to creating powerful products and delivering services that empower others to do the same.”
This report has been prepared in accordance with the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board’s (SASB) Software & IT Services Sector Standard, version 2018-10. The reporting period is fiscal year 2023, which covers February 1, 2022 to January 31, 2023.
To find out more, read the 2023 Medallia Global Impact Report: https://www.medallia.com/impact/
Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in customer, employee, citizen, and patient experience. As the leading enterprise experience platform, Medallia Experience Cloud is the mission-critical system of record that makes all other applications customer and employee aware. The platform captures billions of experience signals across interactions including all voice, video, digital, IoT, social media, and corporate-messaging tools. Medallia uses proprietary artificial intelligence and machine learning technology to automatically reveal predictive insights that drive powerful business actions and outcomes. Medallia customers reduce churn, turn detractors into promoters and buyers, create in-the-moment cross-sell and up-sell opportunities, and drive revenue-impacting business decisions, providing clear and potent returns on investment. For more information visit www.medallia.com.
© 2023 Medallia, Inc. All rights reserved. Medallia®, the Medallia logo, and the names and marks associated with Medallia’s products are trademarks of Medallia. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.