Bellevue University Deploys Medallia, Raises Promoter Score, and Delivers Better Student Experience
PALO ALTO, Calif., Sept. 13, 2011 — Medallia, the global leader in software-as-a service Customer Experience Management (CEM) solutions, today announced that Bellevue University has launched a new student feedback program to enhance the school’s operations, improve student experiences, and increase overall academic achievement. Bellevue University also selected the Net Promoter Score (NPS)—a measure of customer loyalty that is now being adopted by the education sector—to measure its entire operational process from the president’s office to individual student experiences.
“Bellevue University strives to be the foremost American university in adult education, which requires excellence not only in academics but also in other facets of student life,” said Matthew Davis, Assistant Vice President of Bellevue University Enrollment Management. “Medallia’s solution helps us understand the needs and wants of our student population, gauge how well we are delivering against them, and maintain the school’s reputation for outstanding performance. With Medallia, Bellevue University also optimizes deployment of university resources by determining which factors have the greatest impact on student satisfaction and adjusting operational budgets accordingly”.
In the nine months since launching Medallia, the university has achieved measurable improvements, including:
- New students’ likelihood to recommend Bellevue University increased nearly 4 percent, from 8.1 to 8.4;
- Satisfaction with admissions counselors increased 6 percent, from 8.4 to 8.9; and
- Satisfaction with financial counselors increased 3.8 percent, from 7.9 to 8.2.
“These statistically significant jumps in promoter scores, over such a short time period, are impressive and a testament to Bellevue’s commitment to improving student experiences,” said Amy Pressman, president and co-founder of Medallia. “Medallia enables Bellevue University to capture student feedback at every step of the student’s experience, from admission through graduation, so it provides holistic data about the overall student experience.”
The university’s Medallia program captures feedback from different student groups at various points of their interactions with the school, including:
- New student surveys: Sent to students who have just gone through the admissions process. Questions address the student’s experience with his or her admissions counselor, financial services counselor, and the university in general.
- Continuing student surveys: Sent to existing students. Questions address the student’s experience interacting with his or her academic counselor and learning support services.
- Course evaluation surveys: Sent to all students. Questions address the student’s ratings of courses and course instructors.
- Relationship evaluation surveys: Sent to all students. Questions address the student’s overall experience with the university and whether he or she would recommend it to family and friends.
About Bellevue University
With over 10,000 active students worldwide, Bellevue University is a recognized national leader in providing post-secondary education opportunities for working adults. A private, non-profit institution, Bellevue University serves students at learning sites in three states, as well as worldwide through its award-winning online learning platform. Bellevue University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. For more information, visit www.bellevue.edu.