Experience orchestration enables organizations to deliver personalized customer journeys at scale, improving customer acquisition, engagement, and retention to drive sales and revenue.
Interactions between your brand and its customers are occurring through an expanding number of channels. Websites, mobile applications, phone calls, text messages, and social media? Only a handful of where signals emerge. As a result, organizations face the challenge of ensuring consistent experiences across every touchpoint.
A customer gets help signing up for an account over the phone, only to receive an email minutes later inviting them to complete the process online. A family successfully closes on a new home, yet continues to be shown information about how to purchase as a first-time buyer each time they log in to their bank account. A customer looking to make a return gets passed from agent to agent, having to restate the reason for their call each time.
Ready to connect the dots of the customer journey? Enter experience orchestration, which creates a single view of customer experience (CX) and empowers brands to dynamically deliver personalization for each customer in real time.
Experience orchestration is the future of CX. It involves understanding the entire customer journey and creating personalized experiences based on real-time insights. It allows organizations to curate tailored customer journeys at scale across touchpoints and channels.
Experience orchestration goes beyond siloed approaches to customer experience management. It aims to achieve consistent, cohesive, and connected experiences across all channels that are personalized for each customer.
In terms of key elements for experience orchestration to be successful, your organization needs omnichannel feedback and signal capture, unified customer data, contextualized analysis, and real-time decisioning.
Experience orchestration aids organizations in shifting from a reactive to a predictive approach, enhancing effectiveness. It also encourages breaking down departmental silos and prioritizing holistic experience optimization over individual channels.
Here are the reasons why you need experience orchestration to personalize the customer journey — through experience orchestration’s use cases and benefits.
1. Enhance customer engagement with personalized messaging across all platforms, removing irrelevant content. Experience orchestration heightens segmentation, enabling 1:1 content customization based on immediate customer behavior and interests. For example, a pet retailer can tailor their customers’ digital journey, featuring products based on past purchases, pet type, and spending patterns, instead of showcasing irrelevant trending items.
2. Pinpoint and act on opportunities to cross-sell and upsell. For example, after a customer successfully books a flight, they might be shown relevant car service offers or seat upgrades, while a customer who searches for flights but doesn’t complete the booking may receive tailored follow-up, such as information about alternate route suggestions that are cheaper or have fewer stops.
3. Share insights across teams (sales, marketing, customer service, etc.) to improve customer engagement. Thanks to experience orchestration, what happens in customer service doesn’t have to stay in customer service — learnings from customer systems and interactions can be shared across departments to make employees across the organization more informed, empowered, and effective.
4. By connecting digital tools with the contact center, agents proactively identify customer needs, enhancing first contact resolution. For example, if a customer with a mobile plan browses for a free upgrade, this behavior can be shared with the agent in real time. This information saves the customer time explaining their issue and can be used to assign a specialist, like an iPhone or Android expert.
5. Boost marketing efficiency by determining which marketing campaigns are effective at moving journeys/relationships forward (and which aren’t). Experience orchestration helps marketers pinpoint which efforts are resulting in successful conversions, and which channels and creative assets are resulting in higher drop-off rates.
6. Drive leads and sales by delivering individualized communications based on omnichannel customer behavior. Understanding customer interests and needs can help brands deploy more custom messaging and offers that encourage conversions.
7. Enable proactive outreach based on high-risk behavior, reducing turnover and improving loyalty. Experience orchestration allows brands to set up automatic workflows to trigger communications the moment customers exhibit warning signs of churn, such as when a customer uses a company’s app or visits a company’s in-person locations less frequently, or leaves a negative customer review.
8. Improve customer acquisition efforts by capturing and holding the attention of unknown site visitors and app users and converting them into known customers.
9. Enhance customer service delivery. Thanks to the actionable insights available as a result of experience orchestration, brands are able to improve customer agent staffing, training, scripts, and recommended next best actions based directly on what customers are looking for and doing in the moment.
10. More effective engagement and outreach. By optimizing promotions and messaging based on changing customer needs and behaviors, brands can see metrics like open rates, click-through rates, conversions, and sales growth.
11. Foster long-term customer relationships by demonstrating an understanding of who they are and what their goals are.
12. Lower the cost to serve and improve return on ad spend with more efficient marketing and customer service. With the right insights, brands can deploy more targeted efforts that convert more sales, eliminating waste on less effective marketing channels, campaigns, and tactics. As issues arise, they can also intervene with proactive self-service support and more efficient contact center scripts, staffing, and training to slash the time it takes to support customers.
13. Drive sales and revenue by achieving gains across acquisition, customer service, and engagement and retention efforts.
Experience orchestration is vital for customer experience as it allows for personalized, timely interactions based on the customer’s behavior and preferences. It shifts businesses from a reactive to a proactive approach, predicting customer needs and providing tailored solutions. By integrating data across channels, it fosters consistency and relevance in customer interactions, enhancing satisfaction and loyalty.
Medallia Experience Orchestration, trusted by leading brands such as BSH Hausgerate, empowers you to mobilize CX into action — craft the next best experience, convert unknown audiences, and optimize cost to serve seamlessly.
Meet with a Medallia expert — we’ll take you through Medallia Experience Orchestration and reveal how your brand can make every action the right action for every customer moment.