Co-founder of Medallia. Before starting Medallia, Borge led strategy and operational improvement projects for the Boston Consulting Group. Prior to this, he worked at Morgan Stanley as an associate, at P&G as a financial analyst, and served as a lieutenant in the Norwegian Air Force.
- School University of Michigan, BBA; Stanford University, MBA.
- Favorite Expression I'm not suffering from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
- Most Embarrassing Professional Moment Giving a passionate presentation to an important customer. With my fly open.
- First Concert Bruce Springsteen.
Co-founder of Medallia. Before starting the company, Amy worked as a consultant for Boston Consulting Group. Prior to that, she was a Legislative Aide on Capitol Hill, and a Peace Corps Volunteer in Honduras.
- School Harvard University, BA in History; Stanford University, MBA.
- Favorite Expression Have a growth mindset.
- Most Embarrassing Professional Moment Being two hours late for a job interview (because of an unexpected traffic jam caused by newly minted President Clinton jogging outside of White House grounds.)
- First Concert The Rolling Stones.
Chief Customer Officer
Ken is responsible for Medallia’s complete customer experience from product design to service and support. Before joining Medallia, he was an early member of the team at Financial Engines, where he held the roles of VP Product, EVP Marketing, and GM. Prior experience also includes time with the US Navy, and as an associate with Goldman Sachs.
- School Rensselear Polytechnic Institute, BS Mechanical Engineering; Virginia Polytechnic Institute, MS Systems Engineering; Stanford University, MBA.
- Favorite Expression Be driven, but not rushed.
- Most Embarrassing Professional Moment Fell asleep WHILE making a presentation after back-to-back nights of no sleep.
- First Concert Bon Jovi.
Juan Pablo Dellarroquelle
Vice President of Engineering
Juan Pablo leads engineering at Medallia. Prior to joining Medallia, he worked as an engineer at Redmond Software, consulted to numerous Silicon Valley companies and built Argentina’s first voice portal — which won him Intel’s Application of the Year Award.
- School Technological Institute of Buenos Aires, BS; CAECE University, BS; Carnegie Mellon University, MS in Software Engineering.
- Favorite Expression Whether you think you can, or you think you can't — you're right.
- Most Embarrassing Professional Moment Coming to the Bay Area from Argentina not knowing a word of English made for some embarrassing moments; but every day now poses a new opportunity to make a fool of myself!
- First Concert Fito Paez in Buenos Aires.
Michelle de Haaff
Vice President of Marketing
Michelle leads marketing at Medallia. Before Medallia, she was CMO and VP of Products at Attensity. Previously, she worked at AdSpace Networks as the VP of Marketing, at Blue Martini Software leading Product Management, at Levi Strauss & Company as the Director of eCommerce and as a Manager in Ernst & Young’s CRM Practice.
- School New York University, BS in Management Operations and Marketing; Northwestern University, MS in Integrated Marketing.
- Favorite Expression "Hola" (in a thick New York accent).
- Most Embarrassing Professional Moment While pregnant and presenting to a customer on a whiteboard, Michelle had the misfortune of tearing open her suit pants.
- First Concert CSNY (as a warm up for The Grateful Dead).
Chief Financial Officer
Chris is responsible for overseeing all financial activities at Medallia including financial strategy, accounting operations, and investor relations. Before Medallia, Chris was VP of Finance at Workday and held executive-level finance positions in Europe and the U.S. at eBay, Commerce One, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and VUDU.
- School Stanford University; BA Economics and MBA
- Favorite Expression Everything in moderation, including moderation.
- Most Embarrassing Professional Moment My new boss and his wife spotting me on TV--on reality dating show re-runs.
- First Concert Billy Joel.
VP of Customer Experience Strategy
Dorian leads Insights, Research and CX Strategy at Medallia. Prior to Medallia, Dorian was a partner at McKinsey & Company, where he co-founded McKinsey’s Global Customer Experience practice. Dorian also served as a volunteer and program director in small business development for the U.S. Peace Corps in Panama.
- School Pitzer College of Claremont, BS in Economics and Psychology;U Penn MS in International Studies; Wharton School of Business,MBA.
- Favorite Expression Avoid chasing the bunny (ask me what that means).
- Most Embarrassing Professional Moment Ordering and effusing over the competitor's product when meeting a CEO for dinner.
- First Concert Bad English
Vice President of Global Sales
Scott leads sales globally at Medallia. He came to Medallia from BMC, where he served as VP of North American Sales. Previously, he worked in various sales leadership positions at BladeLogic, Secure Elements, Parametic Technology Company and Nalco.
- School Drexel University, BS in Commerce and Engineering.
- Favorite Expression Bias for action.
- Most Embarrassing Professional Moment Having to admit to the world that my first concert was a KISS concert.
- First Concert KISS.
Vice President and General Counsel
Alan is Medallia’s General Counsel. Prior to joining Medallia, Alan held several general counsel and business management roles, including being VP of Corporate Development and Strategy at Blue Martini Software. Alan started his career as an attorney with Cooley LLP where he advised numerous companies—including Adobe, Yahoo! and many others.
- School University of California Berkeley, BA in Political Science. New York University School of Law, JD.
- Favorite Expression Any compliment followed by "… for a lawyer."
- Most Embarrassing Professional Moment Showing up promptly at 4 pm in San Francisco for what apparently was a 1 pm in-person meeting in New York.
- First Concert Paul Simon.
GM Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA)
Martin is responsible for all sales, delivery, and customer related operations in EMEA. Prior to Medallia he held management positions at Merced Systems and Satmetrix and held several sales and account management positions at firms in both the US and UK, including WPP and GfK.
- School London University, BSc in Economics; Université de Savoie, MA in International Business.
- Favorite Expression This above all; to thine own self be true.
- Most Embarrassing Professional Moment Presenting at a customer's global sales kick off and mixing their name up with their competitor. Crowd surfing wasn't an option!
- First Concert Curtis Mayfield.
VP of People and Culture
David Reese leads people and culture at Medallia. He came to Medallia from Caesars Entertainment, where he was Senior Vice President of Human Resources. Prior to that, he was a Senior Manager in HR at Macy’s, a board member of the nonprofit ITN, and an Adjunct Professor at Nevada State College.
- School University of California, Los Angeles, BA in Sociology; Stern School of Business, New York University, MBA.
- Favorite Expression Go with your gut.
- Most Embarrassing Professional Moment Driving a team of senior executives to a campus event utilizing faulty Mapquest directions that landed us in the middle of a field confronted with a sign that said "Trespassers will be shot on sight."
- First Concert A three day Grateful Dead concert. Unfortunately, I was too young to know what was going on.
General Manager, Medallia Institute
John leads the Medallia Institute, which develops educational programs in customer experience best practices. Prior to joining Medallia, John was GM of Net Promoter Programs at Satmetrix, a consultant with both Andersen Consulting and Booz Allen & Company, and a marketing executive in the software industry for more than 10 years.
- School Trinity University, BA in Economics; Stanford University, MBA; Certificat d'Etudes Politiques from IEP, Paris.
- Favorite Expression Work hard, play hard.
- Most Embarrassing Professional Moment Opening a conference in London, only to find that the AV team had loaded an early draft of my slides with big notes on what to add and fix for the final version.
- First Concert On stage in junior high, playing Clarinet in the school band.