- Design and lead implementations of database solutions for Medallia’s microservices infrastructure.
- Install, monitor and performance tune large database systems.
- Plan and implement backup and recovery solutions.
- Design and roll out replication solutions for high availability and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Recommend and evaluate new tools and methodologies.
- Provide full-life cycle architectural guidance and ensure quality technical deliverables.
- Work with development and operations teams to tune production queries for optimal performance.
- Investigate production issues and provide root cause analysis.
- Review and advise on new database schema changes.
- BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science or other technical domain.
- 5+ years of PostgreSQL or similar (Oracle/MySQL/Microsoft SQL Server) database administration experience in a production environment.
- 3+ years knowledge and experience with Cassandra or similar No-SQL data stores.
- Experience working in physical, virtual, and “cloud” environments.
- Experience running databases at scale within containers.
- Experience running database at scale within AWS.
- Solid understanding of infrastructure, application and database performance metrics.
- Solid understanding of various infrastructure components: servers, storage, and networking.
- Solid SQL development experience.
- Some proficiency with scripting languages and tools.
- Experience configuring and maintaining database monitoring/trending tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.