Technical Program Manager, R&D Enablement & Onboarding
Medallia’s mission is simple: to create a world where companies are loved by customers and employees alike. Hundreds of the world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Software-as-a-Service application to help them capture customer feedback everywhere the customer is (on the phone, in store, online, mobile), understand it in real-time, and deliver insights and action everywhere—from the C-suite to the frontline—to improve their performance. Founded in 2001, Medallia is growing quickly with more than 1000 employees globally in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Austin, Washington D.C., and Tel Aviv.
The R&D Team at Medallia is pivotal to creating the technology and platform that will help us fulfill this vision. As we enter a new growth phase we are focused on attracting, developing and engaging top tech Talent. We are ready to build an Engineering Enablement Function and uplevel our investment in all aspects of technical enablement to make learning a priority to ensure technical talent can grow their career with us. Part of the unique Medallia culture is our emphasis on continuous learning in our day to day work, and also in the way we develop our technical expertise and interpersonal skills across the business. Our R&D ecosystem is ready for the next generation of our approach to Enablement.
We’re looking for someone that can not only design and manage world class technical learning programs but isn’t shy about getting scrappy and rolling up their sleeves when the business demands it.
- You will be responsible for enabling world-class Engineers, Product Managers and Designers setting them up for success by creating a global technical on-boarding process and continuous learning. You will directly unlock the potential of these core teams designing and delivering a scalable program that supports our growth. A mix of technical training facilitation, online enablement tools building, and compilation of comprehensive content are part of this role. Our first priority and key initiative is to define, design and execute the Engineering, Product and Design Specific Onboarding, ensuring that our new joiners can quickly assimilate and navigate all technical aspects of their roles, in a consistent way across the globe.
- You will also partner with business leaders and with our People and Culture team, to ensure alignment with our core learning philosophy and leverage Learning Programs while aligning all enablement initiatives with the new R&D roles skills matrix.
- Ownership of the design, implementation and tracking of the technical on-boarding and ramp-up to Medallia.
- Ownership of the Technical R&D training curriculum starting with an Engineering ‘Bootcamp’.
- You will design and implement the R&D Enablement Program while instilling a learning culture that helps Medallians develop in their roles. This includes project managing the deployment of the program, identifying and procuring vendors, designing select training modules, building a bench of Medallian trainers, and setting up the scheduling and coordination platform for learning management.
- Develop, maintain and improve enablement programs in various formats including in-person, group calls, video, online learning paths, and static documentation.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the enablement programs you create in relation to our team and business goals. Key indicators may include employee satisfaction (both overall and their learning experience), retention, productivity and customer-related metrics.
- Continue to define and refine role expectations across R&D (ex, the career matrix) and lead department-wide communication, adoption and engagement to ensure alignment on role expectations.
- Engage on people-related R&D efforts including staffing planning, recruiting, performance management, rewards and recognition, and professional development, often in partnership with other teams.
- Manage the global R&D Enablement budget globally.
- BS, or BE required.
- Proven track record of instructional design and delivery success.
- Experience supporting learning for a global engineering organization.
- Deep understanding of software technology fundamentals, software development processes and best practices.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with a consistent attention to detail.
- Effective cross-functional collaborator with an ability to cultivate relationships with executive stakeholders.
- Passion for delivering high quality and high impact work.
- Comfort working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel up-to 30% of the time, as this is a global role.
- Proficiency in English.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 8 + years experience in R&D enablement or technical training functions.
- Familiarity with online learning management systems.
- Experience creating and delivering technical curriculum.
- Experience at high-growth SaaS company.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.