Systems Engineer, Data Center Services
Specifically You Will:
- Support a large-scale distributed infrastructure for superior uptime and reliability.
- Lead technical implementation and delivery on infrastructure projects.
- Work closely with Engineering teams on high performance compute requirements.
- Qualify new hardware to ensure compatibility with existing tools, processes, and applications
- 24/7 emergency response, participate in on-call rotation
- Find and test new infrastructure and application technologies to help improve the platform scalability and operations.
Our Engineering Culture:
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology — and following the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We develop strong relationships with team members around the globe.
- BS in Computer Science (or related technical discipline) or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience managing at least one infrastructure component (operating systems, compute, storage, networking, distributed systems, big data, cloud, containers, etc.)
- Demonstrable ability to code or script automation in at least one language (Java, Go, python, ruby, Perl, bash, etc.) on Linux-based platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- 5+ years of solid Linux (CentOS/Ubuntu) engineering and administration experience, including kernel configurations.
- 5 + years experience managing large cluster of servers (1000+)
- Experience with Linux containers, kernel tuning and related technologies.
- Netapp and Pure Storage a plus.
- Familiarity with relational databases, Postgresql would be a plus.
- Experience with Mesos, Aurora, Zookeeper, CEPH a plus.
- Experience benchmarking with common tools such as sysbench, bonnie++, ssdbench, iozone, SPEC.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.