Medallia’s mission is simple: to create a world where companies are loved by customers and employees alike. Hundreds of the world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Software-as-a-Service application to help them capture customer feedback everywhere the customer is (on the phone, in store, online, mobile), understand it in real-time, and deliver insights and action everywhere—from the C-suite to the frontline—to improve their performance. Founded in 2001, Medallia is growing quickly with more than 1000 employees globally in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Austin, Washington D.C., and Tel Aviv.
Medallia is hiring for a skilled Systems Administrator to join the Architecture & Engineering team at Medallia. The role will be responsible for managing day-to-day operational processes related to our infrastructure, monitoring, and business critical engineering applications. The role is central to key company-wide projects focused on enhanced support and automation.
Our Team (an excerpt from our team charter – that’s right, we have one!):
We are a tight knit crew of solution oriented Medallians who are self-aware and take ownership of the work we do. We are responsible for our technical debt and accrue it thoughtfully. We make it a habit to destroy information silos and share knowledge freely. We believe in consistent configuration management and embrace industry best practices while building systems. We view ourselves as a team that gets rid of roadblocks on Medallia’s road to success.
- Support day-to-day engineering team needs at Medallia through ticket management
- Configure services and tools on Linux, Ubuntu, or Windows servers
- Manage services uptime and availability
- Install security patches on Linux, Ubuntu, or Windows servers
- Audit health of disaster recovery solution to ensure adequate backup cadence
- Conduct data recovery efforts in case of an outage
- You have a passion for continued learning
- Curiosity is your middle name and you always dig deep to understand the ‘why’
- You like to automate whenever possible and you enjoy writing scripts that simplify and optimize
- You are a rockstar team player and believe in providing an excellent customer experience
- You actively share what you know to up-level your team’s skills and reach business objectives
- 2+ years maintaining linux environments
- 1+ year experience with one or more scripting language(s)
- 1+ years experience working with information flow through the network
- CentOS maintenance
- Atlassian applications experience
- AWS administration
- Salt administration
- Active directory management
- Basic networking understanding
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering, management information systems or related field
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.