Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Engineering
Medallia’s mission is simple: to create a world where companies are loved by customers and employees alike. Hundreds of the world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Software-as-a-Service application to help them capture customer feedback everywhere the customer is (on the phone, in store, online, mobile), understand it in real-time, and deliver insights and action everywhere—from the C-suite to the frontline—to improve their performance. Founded in 2001, Medallia is growing quickly with more than 1000 employees globally in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Austin, Washington D.C., and Tel Aviv.
This is a software engineering position in the Cloud Engineering team at Medallia. Our team’s mission is to develop the industry’s next generation enterprise SaaS cloud platform for Medallia. Our cloud platform currently runs all of Medallia’s services enabling all of our customers to scale seamlessly across a hybrid cloud.
The platform consists of: compute, storage, deployment technologies, life cycle management, and automation to synchronization and coordination of large server clusters. We utilize the latest in open source technologies like docker, mesos, aurora, kafka, kubernetes, redis, zookeeper, cassandra and linkerd. Our main programming languages are Java, C++ and Golang.
We are looking for candidates who share a passion for tackling complexity and building platforms that will last, and scale through multiple orders of magnitude. Take on the responsibility of designing, developing, and operating mission critical services that sit at the heart of Medallia’s cloud.
Specifically You Will:
- Design core, infrastructure software components and services that run at scale.
- Build automation to enable the systems to be maintained automatically.
- Develop reliable, performant, and scalable code for our high-volume system which currently handles millions of interactions per day supporting over 500 global brands.
- Contribute to open source projects, and work on internal frameworks primarily using Java, C/C++, Golang.
- Develop, test, deploy, monitor, and improve our distributed systems, frameworks, and libraries.
- Design/consume REST APIs and create microservices on our next generation service platform.
- Conduct design and code reviews.
Our Engineering Culture:
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology — and following the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We develop strong relationships with team members around the globe.
- Demonstrated experience with Java, C++, or other object oriented language)
- Experience with highly performant, available, and scalable enterprise-grade applications
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across and within teams within university or internships
- Experience with designing microservices and REST APIs a plus.
- Experience in Distributed storage systems (CEPH) a plus.
- Experience with stream processing platforms; Kafka a plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker a plus.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering.
- MS/PhD always a plus!
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.