Software Engineer, Node.js
Medallia’s mission is simple: to create a world where companies are loved by customers and employees alike. Hundreds of the world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Software-as-a-Service application to help them capture customer feedback everywhere the customer is (on the phone, in store, online, mobile), understand it in real-time, and deliver insights and action everywhere—from the C-suite to the frontline—to improve their performance. Founded in 2001, Medallia is growing quickly with more than 1000 employees globally in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Austin, Washington D.C., and Tel Aviv.
- As a Software Engineer on our Product Engineering team, you would be defining the future of Customer Experience over diverse Business-to-Customer(B2C) interactions where your work will connect the world’s leading businesses to their customers using Medallia Customer Experience Cloud
- You will solve challenging technical problems related to processing the user utterances using Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence based technologies, and help take our innovative Customer Experience(CX) platform to the next level
- You will be joining a team of brilliant engineers responsible for building Medallia’s next generation Customer Experience Cloud platform using micro service oriented architecture
MORE SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL:
- Innovate in customer experience interaction using advanced technologies in Machine Learning (ML)/Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Build new microservices for integrations with various enterprise systems and services
- Work in an agile team environment with other SaaS experts
- Collaborate with product and design teams to build innovative new features and integrations for the Medallia CX platform
- Improve the scale, quality, performance, and security of our core Medallia applications.
- Contribute to and extend open source software that is at the leading edge of innovation
- ~5 years of commercial industry experience working on complex back-end or web based, distributed systems or applications.
- 3+ years experience on enterprise product development.
- 1+ year experience with NoSQL data store technologies such as MongoDB, Cassandra, or similar.
- Knowledge of queuing technologies such as Kafka or similar
- Knowledge of Redis, ElasticSearch
- Knowledge and experience working on microservices based SaaS applications
- Experience with highly performant, available, and scalable enterprise-grade applications
- Deep experience with agile software development process
- Strong communication skills
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.