Software Engineer, Core Infrastructure
Medallia’s mission is simple: to create a world where companies are loved by customers and employees alike. Hundreds of the world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Software-as-a-Service application to help them capture customer feedback everywhere the customer is (on the phone, in store, online, mobile), understand it in real-time, and deliver insights and action everywhere—from the C-suite to the frontline—to improve their performance. Founded in 2001, Medallia is growing quickly with more than 1000 employees globally in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Austin, Washington D.C., and Tel Aviv.
Core Infrastructure thrives on collaboration, mutual support, openness to new ideas, and solving problems at a deep, systemic level.
Our ideal teammate is a senior software engineer with a thorough understanding of operations and systems manageability who values monitoring, testing, and rapid iterative development.
- Core Infrastructure is laying down the building blocks of the IaaS and PaaS that will provide a resilient, manageable, and performant foundation to Medallia’s world-class and world-wide SaaS application.
- As part of this team, your software will support a hybrid cloud deployment with demanding performance and uptime requirements.
- You’ll work closely with our operational teams to holistically revise systems and eliminate weak or high-friction areas.
- 3+ years of software development experience in Python, Go, or Java.
- 3+ years of experience managing a SaaS platform.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals.
- Strong understanding of the Linux operating system.
- Strong listening and communications skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across and within teams.
- Experience operating a SaaS platform as an Ops or DevOps engineer a plus.
- Experience designing distributed systems a plus.
- Experience with Postgres, AWS, Mesos, Zookeeper, Ceph a plus.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.