Software Engineer, Cloud Engineering
SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL:
- Design core, infrastructure software components and services that run at scale.
- Build automation to enable the systems to be maintained automatically.
- Develop reliable, performant, and scalable code for our high-volume system which currently handles millions of interactions per day supporting over 500 global brands.
- Contribute to open source projects, and work on internal frameworks primarily using Java, C/C++, Golang.
- Develop, test, deploy, monitor, and improve our distributed systems, frameworks, and libraries.
- Design/consume REST APIs and create microservices on our next generation service platform.
- Conduct design and code reviews
OUR ENGINEERING CULTURE:
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology — and following the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We develop strong relationships with team members around the globe.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience with Java or C++ (or other object oriented language)
- 2+ years of commercial industry experience working on implementing services for large cloud platforms, within a SaaS, public cloud, or a cloud framework vendor.
- Experience with highly performant, available, and scalable enterprise-grade applications.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across and within teams.
- Experience with designing microservices and REST APIs a plus
- Experience in Distributed storage systems (CEPH) a plus.
- Experience with stream processing platforms; Kafka a plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker a plus.
- Bsc. Computer or Electrical Engineering, computer science also valid. MS/PhD always a plus!
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.