Site Reliability Engineer
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you may:
- Deploy and update applications within our systems foundation (compute, storage, network, etc.)
- Build monitoring automation and tooling to prove and maintain a world-class end-user experience.
- Debug and solve complex problems that may span the full service stack.
- Proactively monitor and manage the availability of infrastructure and applications.
- Optimize performance of components across the full service.
- Work closely with core-engineering teams to eliminate technical debt.
- Be a part of an engineering team on-call rotation for escalations.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience managing and maintaining large scale SaaS platforms.
- Strong understanding of the Linux operating system.
- Ability to code or script automation in at least one language (Java, Go, Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash, etc.) on Linux-based platforms.
- Experienced with physical, virtual and cloud environments.
- Deep experience in at least one infrastructure component (operating systems, compute, storage, networking, data center, distributed systems, big data, cloud, etc.) and solid understanding of the rest, and how they impact services.
- Experience building, configuring, and maintaining operational monitoring and reporting tools.
- Solid understanding of infrastructure and application performance metrics, including capacity planning.
- Familiarity with cluster management tools such as Mesos, Kubernetes, Marathon, Aurora.
- Familiarity with distributed storage and filesystems such as CEPH, HDFS, GFS, IPFS.
- Familiarity with relational databases, particularly PostgreSQL.
- Proven ability to work independently, and strong problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.