Senior/Staff Research Scientist – Machine Learning, AI & NLP
- As a Research Scientist on the Data Science team, you will lead cutting edge research in artificial intelligence and machine learning applications, in the areas of natural language understanding / generation, action recommendation and representation learning.
- Partner with engineering, design and product teams to deliver solutions to orchestrating, understanding and improving customer experiences in real time.
- You will be joining a team of brilliant engineers responsible for building Medallia’s next generation Customer Experience Cloud platform using micro service oriented architecture.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of work or educational experience in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence.
- Highly proficient with one or more general purpose programming languages, e.g. Java, C/C++ or Python, and detailed working knowledge of the packages and frameworks associated with data wrangling, analysis, and machine learning.
- 5 years of relevant work experience, including software development experience, or 2 year of relevant work experience with a PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Strong communication skills, especially in describing technical methods to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related technical discipline.
- Extensive experience in one or more of the following areas: Natural Language Processing, text understanding, classification, pattern recognition, and/or recommendation/ranking systems; Representation learning for unstructured data types (images, text) or multiple data sources, e.g. EMR/EHR.
- Knowledge and experience working on microservices based SaaS applications.
- Experience with highly performant, available, and scalable enterprise-grade applications.
- Extensive Experience with agile software development process.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.