Senior Software Engineer, Next Gen Platform
- As a Senior Software Engineer on our next generation Platform team, you will responsible for architecting and developing the building blocks of the next generation of products at Medallia.
- Your work will connect the world’s leading businesses to their customers using modern web technologies over a service-oriented architecture.
- You will solve challenging technical problems related to distributed data processing systems, applications of large scale machine learning, and help take the industry leading SaaS platform to the next level.
- Collaborate with product and design teams to build innovative new features and products for the Customer Experience space
- Improve the scale, quality, performance, and security of Medallia’s applications
Our Engineering Culture:
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base
- We love technology — and follow the latest technologies and sharing what we learn
- We are not afraid of failing when experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and tools
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe
- 5+ years experience in a technical role working on distributed systems and web services
- 3+ years software development experience on product engineering teams
- Have performed software development in a production environment using a mainstream object-oriented programming language ( Java, Java Libraries, Java Frameworks preferred)
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge of Distributed Data Processing Systems
- Knowledge of Data Ingestion workflows, Lambda architectures etc
- Experience with API frameworks, e.g. Swagger or RAML, and API lifecycle infrastructure and management tools
- Experience building high performance, well tested applications
- Strong practitioner of best practices
- Strong customer focus, ownership, and drive
- Deep experience with agile software development process
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.