Senior Software Engineer, Data Center Engineering
Specifically You Will:
- Design, build and implement the core platform stack for real time monitoring, metrics collection, and auto-remediation across our fleet of servers in our data centers.
- Help select and drive the underlying technology stack and implement solutions to challenging problems.
- Drive performance tuning and test automation.
- Support, maintain and document software functionality.
Our Engineering Culture:
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology — and following the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We develop strong relationships with team members around the globe.
- 3+ years of industry experience working on complex back-end or web based, distributed systems or applications.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience with Java, Python or similar object oriented or functional languages.
- 1+ year experience with NoSQL data store technologies such as MongoDB, or similar.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Java/Python/GoLang.
- Experience with building RESTful web services.
- Experience with Mesos, Aurora, Zookeeper, CEPH a plus.
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure (AWS) and cloud scale software.
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka a plus.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB and time series databases like InfluxDB.
- Demonstrate understanding of cloud design in the areas of virtualization and global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing and security.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.