Senior Software Engineer, Backend APIs
- As a backend engineer on our Application Services group, you will build highly performant, scalable and robust APIs and related backend components for Medallia web apps and 3rd party developers. You will build on Medallia’s state of the art, core service infrastructure and platform. Your work will connect world’s leading business to their customers, using modern web technologies over service-oriented architecture (SOA).
MORE SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL
- Ship great software that is scalable and robust and then keep it humming. Drive the technical roadmap and definition and help the team prioritize and plan.
- Partner closely with dependent teams across engineering to ensure uninterrupted service.
- Identify gaps in knowledge, tools, and process and work with your manager & PM to address
- Incorporate best development practices and habits and help build tooling to enforce the same
- Work in small teams with like minded engineers in an agile environment with daily standups, demo days, code reviews and research spikes.
- Become a go-to person for a part or whole of the system
- Mentor and coach junior engineers and impact teams thru tech talks and presentations
- Be a voice of Medallia Engineering on local DC tech scene thru hosting and participating in meetups.
- And lastly, you will scour your network to find great engineers like yourself to join the team, while learning to craft and refine an elevator pitch about why someone should join your team.
OUR ENGINEERING CULTURE
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology — and follow the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe and are not afraid to challenge our team members and peers on enforcing good habits and best practices.
- 5+ years of experience developing enterprise grade customer centric software
- Experience building distributed systems / enterprise systems on modern stack
- Experience with building and maintaining APIs Bring an ownership mindset with quality orientation and DevOps experience.
- Agile process experience, ability to work in fast-paced and distributed teams
- Demonstrate strong software engineering fundamentals
- Enjoy mentoring and leading other engineers
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.