Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Production Services
As an SRE, you may:
- Deploy and update applications within our data center and cloud fabric (compute, storage, network, etc.).
- Build monitoring automation and self-healing to prove and maintain a world-class end-user experience.
- Debug and solve complex problems that may span the full service stack.
- Proactively monitor and manage the availability of infrastructure and applications.
- Optimize performance of components across the full service.
- Be a part of an engineering team on-call rotation for escalations and provide technical support for engineering, professional services and sales.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in one or more of: development, deployment, or ongoing administration of at-scale SaaS platforms.
- 5+ years experience managing at least one infrastructure component (operating systems, compute, storage, networking, distributed systems, big data, cloud, containers, etc.).
- Demonstrable ability to code or script automation in at least one language (Java, Go, python, ruby, Perl, bash, etc.) on Linux-based platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 4 years equivalent relevant work experience.
- 5+ years general SaaS operational experience, providing the ability to explain and investigate issues related to the range of components used to create modern online services. Relevant components include but are not limited to operating systems, compute, storage, networking, distributed systems, big data, cloud, and virtualization/container technology.
- 5+ years experience building, configuring, and maintaining operational monitoring and reporting tools.
- Solid understanding of production infrastructure and application performance metrics, including resource management and capacity planning.
- Familiarity with cluster management tools such as Aurora, Mesos, borg, marathon, tupperware, kubernetes, or Nomad.
- Familiarity with administration of relational databases, particularly PostgreSQL.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team player, with strong problem solving and communication skills.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.