Senior Product Designer
- Be a hands-on, confident, and creative design master with a proven track record in setting a vision for great user experiences and inspiring others to endorse and contribute to that vision
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile product teams – ability to collaborate closely with Product Managers, developers, and designers
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into simple and well-crafted designs and experiences.
- Deliver mockups, prototypes, and design proposals to meet product requirements
- Create easy to understand design specifications for use by the product team.
- Be a core contributor to design guidelines, a high-level set of interaction design concepts, patterns and components that underpin Medallia’s platform.
- Produce design resources for fellow designers to use in their day-to-day work, e.g. Sketch UI kit that includes components, layouts, etc.
- Partner with Product Managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists to incorporate learnings, address challenges, and perform final reviews with engineering to ensure a unified delivery of applications on the Medallia platform.
- Execute in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- In addition to being an empathetic, creative, and a systems thinker, here are some of the qualities we’re searching for:
- 4+ years’ experience as a practitioner of research-influenced design with demonstrated results
- Deep knowledge of customer research, ideation, storytelling, prototyping, design frameworks, concept visualization, and beautiful interfaces
- Proven collaborator, builder, and motivator for cross-functional teams
- Passionate about knowing users, constantly seeking new insights you use to create breakthroughs
- Can articulate the value of a user experience to engineers, product managers, and executives with equal effectiveness. In conversation, you can move swiftly from a high-level strategy discussion to one about the merits of vertical rhythm, with equal passion and persuasion
- Self-aware, constantly working to understand and overcome blind spots.
- Enjoy mentorship and actively sharing your hard-won wisdom with more junior colleagues
- Tactically, you are just as energized while developing design strategy as you are polishing design details
- Medallia is an established and fast growing company, but in a lot of ways we still act like a start up. Our organization and processes are fluid, allowing us to act quickly on emerging business opportunities.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.