Senior Manager, Total Rewards (EMEA/APAC)
Medallia’s mission is simple: to create a world where companies are loved by customers and employees alike. Hundreds of the world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Software-as-a-Service application to help them capture customer feedback everywhere the customer is (on the phone, in store, online, mobile), understand it in real-time, and deliver insights and action everywhere—from the C-suite to the frontline—to improve their performance. Founded in 2001, Medallia is growing quickly with more than 1000 employees globally in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Austin, Washington D.C., and Tel Aviv.
Are you passionate about finding the best ways to deliver recognition and support through employee rewards (compensation and benefits)? Excited to think about how to improve employee experience in moments that matter most? Love bringing mission-critical people programs to life? Do you thrive in bringing to life new programs and strategic initiatives? If so, then this may be your dream job!
We’re looking to add a Manager of Total Rewards to our Global Total Rewards team. In this capacity you will help drive Medallia’s global total rewards strategy throughout the EMEA and APAC regions, including expansion into new countries. This will be a key role, advising business leadership, partnering with HR and Talent Acquisition stakeholders, and supporting regional employees, as Medallia extends its global footprint. On a daily basis, you will interact with benefits vendors, create tools to communicate the value of total rewards package, and analyze data to help stakeholders make thoughtful and competitive market decisions as you help to shape Medallia’s global total rewards strategy.
- Analyze and understand local market compensation and benefits trends and advise on on benefit program design and enhancements;
- Drive regional compensation surveys to collect and analyze competitive salary insights;
- Manage and drive regional compensation programs (market benchmarking, merit planning, executive compensation, pension schemes, etc.);
- Enable Medallia’s expansion into new countries, including establishment and administration of net new compensation and benefits programs;
- Manage key regional compensation, benefits, and perks relationships;
- Develop enhanced employee communication tools and strategies;
- Support day-to-day benefits administration for employees in region.
- 5+ years of experience in Benefits, Compensation, Total Rewards, or a related field
- Ability to translate complex concepts and data into a comprehensive and easily articulated story
- Superb verbal and written communication skills, including executive-level communication
- Demonstrable understanding of local market compensation, benefits, and rewards trends
- Ability to handle highly sensitive data confidentially
- Prior experience operating in multinational, global, and/or high-growth environment
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.