Senior Manager, Business Operations
Medallia’s mission is simple: to create a world where companies are loved by customers and employees alike. Hundreds of the world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Software-as-a-Service application to help them capture customer feedback everywhere the customer is (on the phone, in store, online, mobile), understand it in real-time, and deliver insights and action everywhere—from the C-suite to the frontline—to improve their performance. Founded in 2001, Medallia is growing quickly with more than 1000 employees globally in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Austin, Washington D.C., and Tel Aviv.
You will be a core member of the Medallia Professional Services Global Operations (PS Ops) team with a focus on building operational and delivery excellence, within EMEA PS. You will be responsible for working with EMEA PS leadership and PS Ops Global team to ensure the EMEA PS business is managed as an operationally and financially sound business unit. You will own the entire end to end portfolio of EMEA PS operations including; Managing KPIs with EMEA PS leadership, Owning PS scope approval process for new deals, Project Resource Management, and PS Revenue Management. You will also be the key escalation point, in EMEA, for our Professional Services Tool (OpenAir).
You will partner closely with various parts of the Medallia org including; Finance, Sales, Accounting, PnC to support the broad range of operational aspects. You will provide guidance initially to one PS Ops Medallian employee in EMEA and also resources from our partner in India.
- Work with PS Delivery and Business Operations teams to drive operational excellence in the EMEA PS Group (e.g. consistent reporting of operational metrics and enablement)
- Own the Resource Management function within EMEA, including project staffing and headcount planning
- Partner with Head of EMEA Professional Services to manage business based on global KPIs
- Act as EMEA administrator and escalation point for Professional Services tool (OpenAir)
- Lead Global and Regional Business Operations initiatives, as required, and ensure EMEA operational requirements are factored into the Professional Services strategic objectives
- Own the month end closing process for EMEA, including ensuring complete timesheet submission and approval, complete invoice generation and approval, and clean revenue recognition
- Customer centric: Put the customer at the heart of decision making
- Problem solver: Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a keen desire to continually learn and grow
- Influencer: Ability to drive change throughout the org without having organizational power. Through excellent facilitation and presentation skills with solid communication capabilities and practices, both oral, written and visual
- Collaborative: Enjoy working with multiple stakeholders at different levels and engaging groups in new concepts. Motivates the team using appropriate tools and techniques in order to increase commitment to the program objectives
- Organized: Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Proficient in MS Office tools (primarily Powerpoint & Excel), the Google Suite or equivalent
- Proven experience in providing service to internal stakeholders to achieve successful project outcomes
- Experience within Professional Services for SaaS companies
- MA/MS/MBA degree a plus
- 5+ years experience in an operations, consulting, professional services, project management or strategy role
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.