Senior Analyst, Text Analytics (French, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish)
Medallia’s mission is simple: to create a world where companies are loved by customers and employees alike. Hundreds of the world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Software-as-a-Service application to help them capture customer feedback everywhere the customer is (on the phone, in store, online, mobile), understand it in real-time, and deliver insights and action everywhere—from the C-suite to the frontline—to improve their performance. Founded in 2001, Medallia is growing quickly with more than 1000 employees globally in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Austin, Washington D.C., and Tel Aviv.
The Text Analytics & Social team implements and manages the Medallia text analytics and social platform for leading global companies across retail, financial services, hospitality, high-tech and other industries. As the Customer Experience (CX) category continues to grow and evolve and as Medallia’s software is deployed to customers at all stages of their CX journey, we are expanding our native language support to build out our services product offerings for those languages.
As a Senior Analyst on the Text Analytics & Social team, you will work closely with the Professional Services team to successfully deliver text analytics or social projects for key accounts – helping companies improve in the eyes of their ultimate judges: customers. You will work with cutting-edge technology and tackle real business problems. You will gain exposure to a wide range of industries and work with great colleagues. Most importantly, you get to build: a great company, awesome relationships and programs with our customers, lifelong friendships, and a new industry. You will consult with clients to address and answer specific business questions they may have, as well as proactively analyze and study their data to provide valuable insights and findings that may not currently be known or evident to the client. You will gain exposure to a wide range of industries and work with great colleagues. You position yourself for many career options, not only in Client Services and Solutions but also in Marketing, Product, and Sales.
- Lead text analytics implementations and program enhancements for English and French/Portuguese/Italian/Swedish language projects
- Provide support to senior team members on top tier accounts
- Routinely engage with client core teams and business stakeholders
- Delegate tasks and allot time for project team members
- Develop text analytics and social expertise and act as primary knowledge-base for project team members
- Identify and map business processes to text categorization rules in English and French/Portuguese/Italian/Swedish
- Create and implement analytics reports using the Medallia software
- Develop a thorough understanding of product features and setup configurations that are relevant to each client program and industry
- Assist in the development of best practices and tool kits
- Provide constructive product feedback to Medallia Product Management
- Engage in new product launches and cross-functional initiatives with Product, Engineering, and Marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ year experience in a client-facing role
- Native speaker of French, Portuguese, Italian or Swedish and near-native fluency in English, including knowledge of the inner workings of grammar and lexicons for both
- Demonstrated experience with understanding and effectively explaining software functionalities to technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated experience multi-tasking and handling 2+ concurrent projects with competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Background in linguistics or a language-related field
- Prior project management experience
- 2+ years working on medium to large data analytics projects
- Strong working knowledge of text mining, information retrieval, machine learning, or natural language processing
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making, and analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle tasks requiring a keen sense of attention to detail
- Passion for constant improvement
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals and deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and in a tight knit team
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.