Medallia’s mission is simple: to create a world where companies are loved by customers and employees alike. Hundreds of the world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Software-as-a-Service application to help them capture customer feedback everywhere the customer is (on the phone, in store, online, mobile), understand it in real-time, and deliver insights and action everywhere—from the C-suite to the frontline—to improve their performance. Founded in 2001, Medallia is growing quickly with more than 1000 employees globally in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Austin, Washington D.C., and Tel Aviv.
Medallia is looking for a Senior Accountant to join its growing Accounting team. This position reports directly to the Manager of Corporate Accounting and we’re looking for an individual who is excited by the opportunity to improve the accounting close process and help take our accounting function to the next level. The areas of responsibilities for this role include general corporate accounting (“GL”) responsibilities (i.e.,owning balance sheet reconciliations), in addition to enhancing the accounting close process and implementation of SOX internal controls. If you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and are detail oriented with a passion for Excel and numbers, then read on.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, including treasury, workplace services, people and culture, legal, FP&A, and international locations to ensure activities are recorded appropriately.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, propose adjusting journal entries, and assist in the general ledger month end close process.
- Implement and improve on accounting processes and systems to shorten the accounting month end close process.
- Develop procedures, communicate with and oversee the work of third party bookkeepers engaged to do the accounting for certain foreign subsidiaries.
- Support SOX internal control compliance.
- Support quarterly and annual external audit process and prepare necessary schedules, reconciliations and analyses.
- Participate and lead other ad hoc projects.
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent related field
- Accounting experience from a publicly-traded company or from public accounting in accordance with US GAAP
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent certification
- Working proficiency of Netsuite
- Detail oriented with exceptional analytical skills
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.