Sales Development Representative (Austin)
- Medallia’s Sales Development Team is a critical component of our sales model and has helped fuel the company’s incredible growth over the past several years. You will have the opportunity to prospect into a remarkable portfolio of brands and engage in meaningful executive interactions. As you build the foundation for Medallia’s future success by driving new sales opportunities through innovative campaigns and events, you will also build a set of skills that differentiates you from your peers in the market. This role requires you to be highly motivated and driven to develop new business prospects from multiple sources including outbound marketing activity, prospecting lists and personal discovery through individual research.
- Generate business through outbound lead activity and research companies to identify new prospects
- Develop subject matter expertise in Customer Experience Management to best support and coach our customers and prospects (including, completing all training certifications provided by Medallia)
- Effectively communicate Medallia’s value proposition to both prospects and customers
- Nurture prospects in Salesforce through email and communication efforts
- Build key relationships and collaborate with field sales representatives on their respective territory accounts to continuously generate new pipeline through account research, strategy, and outreach
- Establish rapport and build strong relationships with all levels of stakeholders, including senior executives (VPs, SVPs, EVPs)
- Own documentation with our prospects, including capturing use cases, lead scores, purchase timeframes, and next steps
- Qualify inbound leads and prioritize opportunities and mobilize the appropriate internal resources to help accelerate our sales cycles
- Partner with Marketing on driving attendance to events, tradeshows, webinars, and conferences
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of sales experience in a technology company
- Proven skills in account development, opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call structure/control, and time and territory management
- Self-motivated with a diligent work ethic
- High level of integrity and strong commitment to building a successful company
- Flexible to travel to regional training courses and events
- Demonstrated success in prospecting into Fortune 500 companies
- Previous experience with Salesforce
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.