Research & Analytics Manager/Applied Statistician
Medallia’s mission is simple: to create a world where companies are loved by customers and employees alike. Hundreds of the world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Software-as-a-Service application to help them capture customer feedback everywhere the customer is (on the phone, in store, online, mobile), understand it in real-time, and deliver insights and action everywhere—from the C-suite to the frontline—to improve their performance. Founded in 2001, Medallia is growing quickly with more than 1000 employees globally in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Austin, Washington D.C., and Tel Aviv.
In this unique role, you will help drive research initiatives that fuel Medallia’s point of view, strategy, and thought leadership on management practices aimed at improving the customer experience. Integral to the role is your curiosity, deep analytic expertise, and your ability to design, create, execute, synthesize, and communicate quantitative and/or qualitative research. You’ll have an opportunity to work directly with our most forward-thinking customers and internal experts, surfacing critical topics, identifying innovative practices, and developing high-impact solutions that improve how organizations operate and succeed.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about research and wants to make a real-world impact – someone who is comfortable analyzing business problems using data-driven techniques. These techniques may involve quantitative analysis, manipulating and summarizing data, qualitative methods, and visualizing and telling stories through data. To be successful, you should enjoy using (or learning) a wide range of analytical tools, methods, and platforms and be willing to learn and figure things out when you don’t know the answer. You’re someone who gets energized by a challenge; likes to dig deep into the data when early results generate more questions than clarity; and is looking for an opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
The Medallia Research team has been given a big charter – to discover and demonstrate the many ways that customer-centric business practices can transform organizations and improve results. And we have lots of data to play with – come join us.
- Work with internal teams and clients to identify high-priority research questions.
- Design, lead, and manage research projects.
- Apply expertise in behavioral sciences (or related field) and data analysis to explore the impact of various business practices on operational and financial outcomes.
- See beyond the numbers to identify findings of strategic importance to Medallia and practical value to clients.
- Communicate analyses and results in ways that are accessible, relevant, and meaningful to a business audience. These include non-technical white papers and short briefs, articles, slide decks, infographics, and written reports targeted at a C-suite audience.
- Master’s degree in field that uses quantitative methods to understand behavior (e.g. Management Science, Data Science, Economics, Organizational Behavior, Sociology, Psychology, Statistics or similar degree) or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years experience performing research and advanced data analytics in a business, academic, or related context (e.g. management consulting, data science/analytics, high-tech, market research).
- 3+ years experience using statistical software such as R, Stata, SAS, SPSS.
- Demonstrated ability to explain value of quantitative, statistical, and other research results to non-technical audiences, including executives and managers.
- 3+ years of working knowledge of regression techniques applied to various data types and demonstrated comfort with manipulating large data sets.
- PhD in field that uses quantitative methods to understand behavior.
- Experience with visualization software (e.g. Tableau).
- Willingness to communicate impact through visual representation of results, tangible examples, and quantified business outcomes.
- Previous experience with business, statistics, or other consulting.
- Ability to bring deep curiosity and disciplinary expertise into new domains, leveraging frameworks and concepts to applied problems.
- Interest in developing expertise in broad range of topic areas such as: customer experience, loyalty and purchasing behavior, employee engagement, organizational change and learning, marketing, and financial impact.
- Have a growth mindset. Check out Dr. Carol Dweck’s book, “Mindset”, as this is a key trait we value in Medallians.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.