Medallia’s mission is simple: to create a world where companies are loved by customers and employees alike. Hundreds of the world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Software-as-a-Service application to help them capture customer feedback everywhere the customer is (on the phone, in store, online, mobile), understand it in real-time, and deliver insights and action everywhere—from the C-suite to the frontline—to improve their performance. Founded in 2001, Medallia is growing quickly with more than 1000 employees globally in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Austin, Washington D.C., and Tel Aviv.
About The Sales Team
Medallia Sales brings our unique approach to Operational Customer Experience Management to enterprise customers across Financial Services, B2B, Telecom, Retail, Hospitality, and Automotive industries. Our impressive customer base: 4 of America’s 5 largest banks, 6 of the 10 largest global Telcos, 5 out of the 10 biggest Fortune 500 retailers, 7 of the 10 largest global hotel chains, and 3 of the world’s top luxury car brands.
Medallia’s team is responsible for winning the trust and building long-term relationships within our newest vertical – the Public Sector. Medallia has disrupted every market vertical it has entered over the previous 15 years. While this team is new and the existing government customer base is small, the government market is equally ripe for disruption. As a self-starter and builder, you have the opportunity to join a high-functioning, high-impact team.
As a Principal on the Public Sector team, you will initially target new business opportunities within the U.S. Federal government. As you grow your business, you will be responsible for strategic advisory, relationship management, growing your team, and the ongoing health of your accounts. This includes:
• Research target Department/Agencies and develop prospecting campaigns
• Dive deep in understanding their mission and the potential for alignment
• Develop partner strategy, engage existing Medallia partner ecosystem, and cultivate relationships with partner for joint go-to-market approaches relating to departments and specific opportunities
• Marketing plan
• Go high-and-wide within organizations to understand the full scope of opportunity
• Lead entire sales cycle from initial opportunity creation to finalizing opportunity outcomes, including outreach campaigns, driving the discovery process at meetings with both prospects and clients, forecasting, selling with Value Framework, and ultimately closing the deal
• Develop materials
• Meeting execution
• Develop relationships both internally and externally
• Participate in internal team meetings to collaborate with supporting ecosystem on opportunities, resolve customer issues, share best practices, and work with cross functional teams
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of customer-facing experience at an Enterprise software/SaaS organization
- Demonstrated experience creating and leading opportunities within large strategic accounts; lengthy sales cycles
- Demonstrated experience identifying and maximizing relationships with key decision makers, directly and through partners
- Demonstrated experience selling / presenting at the C-Suite or Executive level
- Proven top performer (consistently exceeds targets)
- Proven analytical ability: knowledge of how to use and interpret CRM data to drive better performance
- Experience in startup, high-growth companies and/or clearly articulated passion for entrepreneurial environments
- Training in “solution” or “customer-centric” selling
- Understanding of Enterprise Feedback Management (EFM)
- Previous government experience desirable, but not required
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.