- As the Facilities Manager, you will join the Global Workplace Services team. This is an exciting role for someone who can take responsibility for all aspects of facilities management in our new San Mateo office.
- You will work as part of a unified team, to build trust, and align with Workplace Services partners to deliver excellent workplace experiences for our Medallians. You will need to be motivated by autonomy and ownership, yet eager to align and collaborate with other Workplace Services team members to deliver a unified approach with our business and executive partners.
- At Medallia, we aim to foster work environments that are collaborative, friendly and fun. The Workplace Services team brings our spaces to life as you oversee the daily operations of our offices. While roles with similar names at other companies can be far more mundane, you’re a creative, organized customer service specialist, who takes pride in seeing things run smoothly and efficiently. You go out of your way to make sure your clients are not only satisfied, but singing Medallia praises. You’re comfortable in a fast-paced environment with the highest standards of excellence. You aren’t afraid to have fun with your job, and bring an enthusiasm, dedication and a collaborative spirit to build and maintain office spaces that facilitate some of the world’s most cutting edge innovation.
- Working closely with the Workplace Services leaders, you will ensure that building maintenance and repair work receives prompt attention. Responsible for calling in vendors and service technicians and following up to ensure that service interruptions are minimized and work is performed to Medallia standards for quality and response time. Includes coordinating the following work, but not limited to, building management, construction, electrical, plumbing, painting, janitorial, supplemental AC units, pest, and door repairs.
- You are responsible for coordination with landlord and building engineers, including, but not limited to, access requests, certificates of insurance, and landlord approvals.
- Assist in developing and maintaining annual plans, budgets, maintenance audit and schedule. Purchase, lease, repair, upgrade and negotiate contracts and prices for office supplies, furniture, space, services and equipment.
- Coordinate space management and planning activities including: analyzing moves for minimal disruption; move coordination; space inventory; space allocation tracking; specifying set-ups and maximizing space utilization. Provide facilities support for internal events, special events and functions as needed
- Serve as safety manager by: correcting identified safety issues, performing root cause analysis, identifying and tracking corrective actions; developing and conducting safety training and/or new employee facility orientation; and maintaining and participating in emergency preparedness, recovery and business continuity coordination.
- 3+ years of overall facilities management experience
- 1+ years of facilities management experience overseeing a facility with over 100K square feet of space
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in facilities management
- Corporate facilities management and facilities operations experience
- Familiarity with building management and space planning software
- Ability to think “outside the box” and bring creative, nonstandard and innovative solutions to the table in an environment with rapid change
- Ability to meet deadlines and make sound decisions while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to facilitate communication clearly and concisely in a courteous manner
- Ability to consistently demonstrate warmth, kindness and humor no matter the situation or interaction
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.