Manager, Competitive Strategy
Medallia’s mission is simple: to create a world where companies are loved by customers and employees alike. Hundreds of the world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Software-as-a-Service application to help them capture customer feedback everywhere the customer is (on the phone, in store, online, mobile), understand it in real-time, and deliver insights and action everywhere—from the C-suite to the frontline—to improve their performance. Founded in 2001, Medallia is growing quickly with more than 1000 employees globally in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Austin, Washington D.C., and Tel Aviv.
Medallia’s Competitive Strategy team is a newly formed team tasked with defining and ensuring the pathway for Medallia to achieve it’s top-line growth targets. This is a small group providing strategic & tactical support to a number of teams across Medallia: Sales, Marketing, Product, Professional Services and Partners & Alliances. We identify growth opportunities and work closely with leaders across the organization to turn these opportunities into reality.
• Play an instrumental role in defining and driving Medallia’s competitive growth strategy
• Create a deep understanding of Medallia’s competitive market – both present and future – and utilize data to influence competitive strategy and positioning
• Build, maintain, and evangelize core competitive materials, including competitive comparative features database, “battlecard” documents, etc.
• Respond to and build “Quick Reads” for new competitive and market developments
• Engage with Sales in active sales support, partnering with Sales Directors and Solutions Consultants
• Develop and present competitive messaging and positioning training materials to the Sales ecosystem through a close partnership with Sales Enablement
• Coordinate with Product Leadership and Product Managers to review market trends, help set strategic goals, and execute on a range of new product initiatives
• Work with Sales and Professional Services to identify and validate customer/product use cases to support strategic initiatives within the Growth team
• Help support strategic growth initiatives such as new market entry, partnerships, and M&A
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a analytical role
- Demonstrated experience effectively engaging with senior executives
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of investment banking, enterprise SaaS, or management consulting
- Combination of technical (data analysis / modeling) and non-technical background (Sales, Customer Success, Marketing)
- Output orientation with a strong ability to personally create high quality, customer-facing content including presentations, web copy, and data-sheets
- Proven ability to think and work strategically, while also driving rapid execution and personally contributing key deliverables
- Product marketing related experience, including competitive analysis, messaging/positioning development, sales tool development, and sales training (live, via webinar, via self-paced training courses)
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Unwavering passion, commitment, and persistence to the business, customers, and technology
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.