WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Negotiate and close good deals. Each enterprise SaaS deal that we close is a step towards creating and cementing relationships across industries, and each agreement is a testament to our institutional willingness to improve upon the status quo. As Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for leading smart, relationship focused negotiations with some of the largest and most respected companies in the world. You will be empowered to find creative, efficient ways to close deals that deliver value to both Medallia and our customers.
- Quench your thirst for knowledge and experience. As a junior attorney on a team comprised of smart, humble and driven members, there will be a wealth of learning opportunities for you, as well as opportunities to celebrate milestones in your development.
- Demonstrate excellent writing skills. At the heart of every transaction we do is a contract that should express even the most complex ideas in clear, straightforward prose. And each draft that we deliver is surrounded by written comments that should explain our position, persuade the reader that we are right, and drive the parties toward a quicker deal close.
- Develop a deep and nuanced understanding of our industry. You will complement a strong understanding of commercial law with a deep understanding of our business.
- Be a legal athlete. To achieve our mission of closing good deals, you will provide legal counsel on a broad range of legal issues, such as intellectual property and privacy law, and will stand ready to quickly master new areas of expertise as needed by the business.
- Engage your colleagues. You will be integral to Medallia’s success, but you won’t stand alone. Instead, you will bring a collaborative mindset and a commitment to work with colleagues across the company.
- Get ready for the ride of your life. We are determined to build the best transactions team in the industry, and we are going to get there by hiring lawyers who share our passion, and giving them the opportunity to take on big challenges. Together, we are going to learn and improve and fight for great results.
- J.D. or LL.M.
- Member of the California Bar, or eligible to register as Registered In-House Counsel
- 1+ year of relevant experience in a law firm, government agency, and/or in-house legal department
- Highly collaborative person who supports their colleagues, who champions our mission and wants to win as a team
- Strong academic credentials
- Fluency in Spanish is a bonus, but not required
- Good sense of humor and desire to get things done
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.