Legal Counsel EMEA (German Speaker, London or Munich)
- Be an agent of progress. You will be an agent of progress toward Medallia’s mission. When you spot an issue, you will work toward solving that issue and stand ready to meet the business’ needs. You will consistently push for great, and measure your success by moving things forward in a way that serves Medallia for the long-term.
- Negotiate and close gooddeals. Each enterprise SaaS deal that we close is a step towards creating and cementing relationships across industries, and each agreement is a testament to our institutional willingness to improve upon the status quo. As Legal Counsel EMEA, you will be responsible for leading smart, relationship-focused negotiations with some of the largest and most respected companies in the world.
- Demonstrate excellent writing skills. At the heart of every transaction we do is a contract that expresses even the most complex ideas in clear, straightforward prose. Each draft that you deliver will be surrounded by written comments that explain our position, persuade the reader that we are right, and drive the parties toward a quicker deal close.
- Develop a progressive and nuanced understanding of our industry. You will work quickly to complement a strong understanding of commercial and data privacy law with a deep understanding of our business.
- Stand shoulder to shoulder. You will embrace a collaborative mindset, a fearless drive to improve, and a commitment to working with alongside other Medallia functions as an irreplaceable business partner. You will start by seeking to understand the full business context and the perspectives of our colleagues. When you provide counsel you will “deliver the because,” explaining the reasoning behind your guidance.
- Lead the leaders. As the second Medallia lawyer in Europe, you will be an entrepreneurial, business-forward voice of legal in one of Europe’s fastest growing SaaS enterprises. You will have the ability to see across silos and think strategically, putting Medallia before team and team before self. You will hold yourself and others accountable for delivering company-wide impact and for developing talent throughout Medallia.
- Get ready for the ride of your life. We are determined to build the best legal team in the industry. And we are going to get there by hiring lawyers who share our passion and giving them the opportunity to take on big challenges. Together, we are going to learn and improve and fight for great results.
Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate will be a creative, flexible and business-minded commercial attorney with at least five years of experience in a leading law firm or in-house legal department and training at a top-notch law school. Fluency in German is required, as is a qualification to practice in the UK or at least one EU jurisdiction. Experience with technology transactions, data privacy, and intellectual property law is a significant asset, as is an appetite to expand into other substantive areas of law. General experience working in an international and multicultural working environment with geographically dispersed team members is also preferred.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.