Executive Assistant, Sales & Professional Services
Medallia’s mission is simple: to create a world where companies are loved by customers and employees alike. Hundreds of the world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Software-as-a-Service application to help them capture customer feedback everywhere the customer is (on the phone, in store, online, mobile), understand it in real-time, and deliver insights and action everywhere—from the C-suite to the frontline—to improve their performance. Founded in 2001, Medallia is growing quickly with more than 1000 employees globally in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Austin, Washington D.C., and Tel Aviv.
As an active member of our Sales & Professional Services (PS) teams, you will be supporting our London-based EMEA leadership team. You’ll join a group of smart, creative, and dynamic leaders and be a crucial part of achieving Medallia’s strategic objectives in a team-oriented environment that still has the electric energy and pace of a startup. We are looking for a “take-charge” planner. Someone that can “keep trains on time” and not only have fun doing it, but also create an environment where we all feel successful at it. We admire leadership, so we are looking for someone that can lead the way, provide constructive criticism and suggest new and better ways of doing things. We want someone who is followed by peers because “it just makes sense”. Last but not least, we take pride in everything we do, and expect the same from you: we want someone who takes pride in their craftsmanship, who has a fierce attention to detail, and who executes tenaciously tasks both big and small, because that’s simply the way they do things.
As a SUPER STELLAR EA, you’ll be responsible for:
- Helping the London-based EMEA leadership team with scheduling, planning and relentless execution
- Getting us where we need to go: literally. We will need (and appreciate) help in coordinating necessary travel
- Planning and coordinating weekly, biweekly and quarterly events: off-sites, in-person trainings and meetings including communication, accommodations, meeting space, supplies, catering, etc.
- Moving special projects forward by arranging meetings, ensuring they take place, leading research, or doing whatever your inner entrepreneur tells you needs to happen to make the project a success
- Air traffic control for the executives you support. From customer interactions to internal meetings, you will bring order to potential chaos
- Managing spreadsheets and trackers that keep a unified view of our distributed team’s progress
- Bring sanity to the Sales leadership team by proactively and creatively simplifying their workday (please!)
- Openness and excitement for travel to ‘keep train running’ when needed (travel with be about 10% of the role)
- Are a trusted partner and collaborator with a strong track record of establishing great cross-functional relationships
- Have enthusiasm for end to end project management and can manage multiple projects successfully and apply your best practices to increase efficiency
- Are excited about engaging with stakeholders at all levels, and maintain a level of professionalism and confidence appropriate for the environment
- Thrive on keeping a pulse on what’s going around you and connecting the dots with your teams and beyond
- Have high attention to detail with stellar organizational skills
- Have the ability to proactively manage in an environment that is simultaneously ambiguous and dynamic
- Are a strong communicator who has an uncanny sense of urgency and is excited by fast-paced startup environments
- 2+ years of Executive Assistant experience or equivalent relevant experience
- 1+ years experience supporting 2+ leaders simultaneously
- Experience supporting a field-based team and field-focused leaders
- Experience planning events of all sizes and levels of complexity
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google (Docs, Mail, Calendar, etc.) and Project Management Experience
- Experience with productivity apps (HR, expense reporting, travel, purchasing, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.