Director, Product Strategy
- Within Product GTM, you will be responsible for building a world-class outbound and inbound product-market link
- On outbound: you will serve as the Product representative to the cross-functional team that effectively commercializes products and solutions, building strong relationships and trust with Product Managers and your counterpart team members within Marketing, Pre-Sales, Enablement, Professional Services, and Sales to build, execute, and optimize the GTM process
- On inbound: you will build a strong partnership with Sales and Professional Services to “wire” a world-class field, customer, and market orientation into the Product team
- You will also coordinate with Product leadership and Product Managers to set and execute strategic goals for Product in a range of scenarios, such as market strategy projects with Product Managers to new product, solution, or market initiatives
- Within Product Partnerships, you will coordinate with Product leadership, PMs, and Medallia’s Alliances team to set and execute the strategic vision for product partnerships, which will include building a targeted pipeline of partnerships; setting product, strategic, and commercial objectives; executing partnerships; and engaging deeply with existing partnerships to ensure intended outcomes are achieved
PRODUCT STRATEGY TEAM PRINCIPLES
- Outcomes. We value clear thinking and communication as means to practical, predictable, scalable outcomes. We value the consuming desire to set quantifiable, meaningful objectives and then achieve those objectives in practical, resourceful ways. These are characteristics of, as our esteemed CFO likes to say, “operators.”
- Collaboration. We have a bias for action and getting things done, but we also have the humility and perspective to understand that trust, partnership, communication, processes, and coordination across functions are necessary for a scaled, responsive go-to-market.
- Understanding. We value the ability to really listen to and empathize with prospects, customers, and the Medallia frontline that engages with prospects and customers every day. We aim to deeply understand.
- Communication. We value the ability to ingest vast amounts of data (facts, figures, interviews), crystallize into the key insights, and package into communication relevant to and actionable by a range of stakeholders, from sales directors to senior executives.
- Resourcefulness. We value the practical execution experience to understand that obstacles—dead ends, poor data, trade offs, differences of opinion, etc.—are to be expected. When we encounter them, we roll up our sleeves and do what it takes to address them and move forward.
- 2+ years of experience in enterprise software in at least one of the following capacities: product strategy, product management, product marketing, partnerships, or corporate development
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of deep operating experience at an enterprise software company in at least two of the following capacities: product strategy, product management, product marketing, partnerships, or corporate development
- Significant experience with at least one, preferable two, meaningful end-to-end product go-to-market efforts: setting market objectives, coordinating with PMs on development, driving early customer success, developing effective messaging, generating demand, optimizing sales, and ultimately generating attributable sales outcomes
- 2+ years of investment banking, management consulting, or investing
- Up to 25% travel
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.