Customer Growth Strategy Summer Intern
Medallia’s mission is simple: to create a world where companies are loved by customers and employees alike. Hundreds of the world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Software-as-a-Service application to help them capture customer feedback everywhere the customer is (on the phone, in store, online, mobile), understand it in real-time, and deliver insights and action everywhere—from the C-suite to the frontline—to improve their performance. Founded in 2001, Medallia is growing quickly with more than 1000 employees globally in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Austin, Washington D.C., and Tel Aviv.
Medallia’s Growth Strategy team is a newly formed team tasked with defining and ensuring the pathway for Medallia to achieve it’s top-line growth targets. This is a small group providing support across a number of key functional areas: Sales strategy, Customer Insights, Competitive Intelligence and CX Best Practices. We identify growth opportunities and work closely with leaders across the organization to turn these opportunities into reality.
As a Growth Strategy intern you will work on a discrete set of projects aimed at driving growth at a high performing SAAS company. You’ll experience first hand how strategies are developed and executed across the organization to drive business impact.
- Work on 2-3 of the following types of projects:
- Sales Strategy: Influence strategic Sales/GTM decisions through robust sales data-analysis including: total addressable market, sales pipeline, and new market sizing
- Competitive Marketing Strategy: Track and analyze the offerings of emerging competitors to help define Medallia differentiators for Go-To-Market messaging.
- Cross-Functional Improvement Prioritization: Build a repeatable process and analytical model to identify, prioritize and action cross-functional improvement opportunities across the company leveraging customer feedback and other inputs.
- Entering New Markets: Combine insights from each of the above areas as well as Medallia product fit to build market-entry strategy and execution plans exploring new industry opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven ability to synthesize large amounts of data and information into key insights
- MBA candidate at a top business school
- 3+ years of experience in an analytics focused role
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- 2+ years of investment banking or management consulting experience
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to quickly changing environments
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Very curious and eager to learn about a fast growing, innovative market
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Works well in a collaborative team environment
- High level of initiative, self-starter
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.