Medallia’s mission is simple: to create a world where companies are loved by customers and employees alike. Hundreds of the world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Software-as-a-Service application to help them capture customer feedback everywhere the customer is (on the phone, in store, online, mobile), understand it in real-time, and deliver insights and action everywhere—from the C-suite to the frontline—to improve their performance. Founded in 2001, Medallia is growing quickly with more than 1000 employees globally in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Austin, Washington D.C., and Tel Aviv.
As AVP, PreSales and Solutions Consulting, you play an integral role in leading a team to success in selling Medallia’s solutions.
You will partner with Field Sales leadership to leverage your deep experience leading and growing high performing teams, pre-sales skills, leading software implementations, as well as expert knowledge of enterprise software, to exceed area sales and retention targets.
You help prospects architect best practice solutions that address specific customer business needs while being practical to implement and easy to service. You are the critical link between commitments made during the sale and delivery during the implementation. You are the expert voice, pivotal designer, reviewer, and escalation point to ensure success for new and existing Medallia customers.
This position can be located in:
San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Irvine, Denver, Seattle, Portland, Phoenix, Kansas City
This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a background in enterprise software, management, consulting, technology, analytics, client management, and pre-sales to take a leading role in transforming the way our clients engage their customers to drive Medallia’s growth.
In this role, you will lead an area Solutions Consulting team- as a 2nd line leader- that supports the Sales Team with:
• Customer Discovery – Build relationships with customers to identify gaps and limitations with their current process/solutions
• Customer Success Stories – Bring the Medallia solution to life with authentic customer examples relevant to client goals during sales meetings and demos
• Product Demonstrations – Address business concerns and highlight their Medallia-enabled solutions using customized and differentiated product demonstrations
• Competitive Analysis – Differentiate Medallia from the other Solutions in the marketplace through thought leadership, best practice sharing, tailored product demonstrations and solution design.
• Solution Design – Understand client requirements, and ensure that best practices are applied to Medallia implementations from a technology and CX methodology perspective. Develop creative, practical technical solutions to non-standard client requirements. Help build our repository of solutions best practices. Influence the priority of critical new-feature requests for the product roadmap.
• RFPs – Assist Sales on new business opportunities by responding to RFPs- or appropriately leverage the RFP team- with Medallia best practices, supporting sales meetings, (in person or over the phone), and designing and scoping the solution for clients and prospects.
• Business Development – Review, advise on, and approve the scope and cost of Medallia implementations. Support SOW and Addendum creation by being an expert on Medallia technology and by representing the interests of customers and the Solutions team. Keep SFDC accurate, up to date, with useful info for team. Accurately forecast professional services bookings. Negotiate professional services commercials with clients to drive healthy business for Medallia’s Professional Services organization.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a customer facing role with the ability to articulate and present solutions to customers
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a people manager in enterprise software sales/pre-sales
- Demonstrated experience in technology consulting, project management or customer management
- Experience contributing to proposals and RFP’s
- Consistent record of consistently meeting objectives and exceeding targets
- Experience managing a high performing team
- Demonstrated ability to recruit talent
- Demonstrated interest in technology, including comfort with technical concepts and ability to learn new technology applications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to travel approximately 30%
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.