Accounts Payable Manager
Medallia’s mission is simple: to create a world where companies are loved by customers and employees alike. Hundreds of the world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Software-as-a-Service application to help them capture customer feedback everywhere the customer is (on the phone, in store, online, mobile), understand it in real-time, and deliver insights and action everywhere—from the C-suite to the frontline—to improve their performance. Founded in 2001, Medallia is growing quickly with more than 1000 employees globally in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Austin, Washington D.C., and Tel Aviv.
Medallia is looking for an Accounts Payable Manager to join its growing Accounting team. We’re looking for an individual who is excited by the opportunity to improve and scale the accounts payable and cash disbursements process and help take our accounting function to the next level. The areas of responsibilities for this role include general accounts payable (“AP”) responsibilities (i.e. invoice review, two-way matching to PO’s, accuracy and completeness of coding of invoices, timeliness of payments, month end accruals), in addition to enhancing the accounting close process and implementation of SOX internal controls. If you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and are detail oriented with a passion for Excel and numbers, then read on.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, including procurement, workplace services, people and culture, legal, FP&A, and international locations to ensure accounts payable transactions are recorded timely and accurately.
- Streamline AP process with focus on maintaining high Duns & Bradstreet scores and DPO targets.
- Implement and improve on accounting processes and systems to shorten the accounting close process, with heightened focus on the accuracy of accruals.
- Develop procedures, communicate with and oversee the work of third party bookkeepers engaged to do the accounting for certain foreign subsidiaries.
- Oversee and manage travel & expense compliance and reimbursements process (via Concur), including the administration of the corporate credit card program.
- Coach and develop accounts payable specialist and offshore resources.
- Oversee 1099 reporting process.
- Maintain vendor files including vendor diversity and W-9s.
- Support SOX internal control compliance.
- Support quarterly and annual external audit process and prepare necessary schedules, reconciliations and analyses.
- Participate and lead other ad hoc projects.
- 6+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent field, or 6+ years of relevant Accounts Payable experience
- Accounting experience from a publicly-traded company or from public accounting in accordance with US GAAP
- Working proficiency of Netsuite
- Working proficiency of Concur
- Working proficiency and experience implementing procurement tools (i.e., Coupa, Ariba)
- Detail oriented with exceptional analytical skills
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.